The Chatham Islands Council Class 4 – Gambling Venue and Board Venue Policy is due for review through the special consultative process.
The policy covers the control of non-casino class 4 gaming machine venues (pokies) and TABs (not at pubs).
It is the Council’s intention to:
- restrict the number of venues on the Chatham Islands to three
- restrict the number of gaming machines (pokies) at each venue to two
You can view the current 2010 Gambling Venues Policy here.
How to make your submission
The draft 2019 policy is now open for public comment with submissions closing at 4.30pm on Friday 10 May 2019.
A full copy of the policy and a submission form can be obtained from the Council office or downloaded below:
Submit to the Chatham Islands Council by 4.30pm on Friday 10 May 2019 by:
- Delivery to the Council at 9 Tuku Road, Chatham Islands 8942
- Post to PO Box 24, Chatham Islands 8942
- Email to email@example.com