Chatham Islands Long-Term Plan 2018-28 – consultation now closed
Feedback on the Chatham Islands Council’s Long-Term Plan has now closed – thank you to everyone who shared their thoughts with us.
Public hearings and Council deliberations on the received submissions have also been completed. The Council adopted the Plan post-consultation at their meeting on Thursday 28 June 2018.
Read the Long-Term Plan [PDF, 2.4 MB]
Our focus for the next ten years is to work with Government and its officials to secure funding to support our key projects:
- Developing our roading infrastructure
- Sources for the townships of Kaingaroa, Owenga, Waitangi and Te One
- Upgrading our township water schemes by developing sustainable and reliable water
- A new Emergency Management Operations Centre
- New Council offices and Community Complex – in conjunction with Chatham Islands Enterprise Trust